- 25Now Joseph said to Pharaoh, “Pharaoh’s  dreams are one and the same; God has told to Pharaoh what He is about to do. 26The seven good cows are seven years; and the seven good ears are seven years; the  dreams are one and the same. 27The seven lean and ugly cows that came up after them are seven years, and the seven thin ears scorched by the east wind will be seven years of famine. 28 It is as I have spoken to Pharaoh: God has shown to Pharaoh what He is about to do.
- 29“Behold, seven years of great abundance are coming in all the land of Egypt; 30and after them seven years of famine will  come, and all the abundance will be forgotten in the land of Egypt, and the famine will  ravage the land. 31So the abundance will be unknown in the land because of that subsequent famine; for it will be very severe.
- 32“Now as for the repeating of the dream to Pharaoh twice, it means that the matter is determined by God, and God will quickly bring it about.
- 33“Now let Pharaoh look for a man discerning and wise, and set him over the land of Egypt. 34Let Pharaoh take action to appoint overseers  in charge of the land, and let him exact a fifth of the produce of the land of Egypt in the seven years of abundance. 35Then let them gather all the food of these good years that are coming, and store up the grain for food in the cities under Pharaoh’s authority, and let them guard it. 36Let the food become as a reserve for the land for the seven years of famine which will occur in the land of Egypt, so that the land will not perish during the famine.”
- 37Now the  proposal seemed good  to Pharaoh and  to all his servants. 38Then Pharaoh said to his servants, “Can we find a man like this, in whom is a divine spirit?”
- 39So Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Since God has informed you of all this, there is no one so discerning and wise as you are. 40You shall be over my house, and according to your  command all my people shall  do homage; only in the throne I will be greater than you.”
- 41Pharaoh said to Joseph, “See, I have set you over all the land of Egypt.” 42Then Pharaoh took off his signet ring from his hand and put it on Joseph’s hand, and clothed him in garments of fine linen and put the gold necklace around his neck. 43He had him ride in  his second chariot; and they proclaimed before him, “ Bow the knee!” And he set him over all the land of Egypt. 44Moreover, Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Though I am Pharaoh, yet without  your permission no one shall raise his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.” 45Then Pharaoh named Joseph  Zaphenath-paneah; and he gave him Asenath, the daughter of Potiphera priest of  On, as his wife. And Joseph went forth over the land of Egypt.
- 46Now Joseph was thirty years old when he  stood before Pharaoh, king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh and went through all the land of Egypt. 47During the seven years of plenty the land brought forth  abundantly. 48So he gathered all the food of these seven years which occurred in the land of Egypt and placed the food in the cities; he placed in every city the food from its own surrounding fields. 49Thus Joseph stored up grain  in great abundance like the sand of the sea, until he stopped  measuring it, for it was  beyond measure.
- 50Now before the year of famine came, two sons were born to Joseph, whom Asenath, the daughter of Potiphera priest of  On, bore to him. 51Joseph named the firstborn  Manasseh, “For,” he said, “God has made me forget all my trouble and all my father’s household.” 52He named the second  Ephraim, “For,” he said, “God has made me fruitful in the land of my affliction.”
- 53When the seven years of plenty which had been in the land of Egypt came to an end, 54and the seven years of famine began to come, just as Joseph had said, then there was famine in all the lands, but in all the land of Egypt there was bread. 55So when all the land of Egypt was famished, the people cried out to Pharaoh for bread; and Pharaoh said to all the Egyptians, “Go to Joseph; whatever he says to you, you shall do.” 56When the famine was spread over all the face of the earth, then Joseph opened all  the storehouses, and sold to the Egyptians; and the famine was severe in the land of Egypt. 57The people of all the earth came to Egypt to buy grain from Joseph, because the famine was severe in all the earth.